jueves, 15 de noviembre de 2012

art in architecture


To me a piece of art is not only a painting, as an architecture student I am always interested on new projects around the world but there are two that really affected me in my decision to study this career.


The first one I consider it a piece of art because it is a unique plastic work that is not seen anywhere else and by the time it was built it became so polemic about its esthetic and the new change it represented; it is “Casa Batló”, also called as “Casa de los huesos” from my favorite architect Antonio Gaudí . It is a pure element of expression of the modernism in Spain and it is based in the elements of nature, there is a pallet of colors in the facade that brings to life the building and it has become one of the most attractive points to see in Barcelona.
 

The other proyect I consider a piece of art is the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao, it was made by Frank O.Ghery who is also a seeker of organic architecture, he always tries to combine nature and architecture which is one of the reasons I most like it. I think the first time I saw a pictue of it was when I was little, when my grandfather brought me a postcard from a trip he made to Spain to see his village which is near Bilbao and I was so amazed by its beauty that it instantly became my favorite architecture/ piece of art ever. I would love to achieve a goal like this two architects some day and leave a piece of me somewhere forever.

4 comentarios:

  1. Gaudí was a genius, what he was able to achieve on his buildings was both unique and also very deep on its concept and technique. Gehry's architecture I think is unique but not half as deep as Gaudí's was.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Oh, what wonderful constructions!! are really interest like the art mixed with the arquitecture.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I am not student of architecture but the pieces of arts are very specials because I think that It has a creation from soul

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Both great pieces. I can't believe Gaudi's vision of... everything. I can't wait so see some of his works in person someday!

    ResponderEliminar