jueves, 8 de noviembre de 2012

Dead Poets Society


This is a movie that represents a special moment for me, not only for its lesson but also for who showed it to me. It is a story about a teacher that gets to a new school to teach literature and poetry to a young group of men; the teacher in the story quotes an inspiring poem from Walt Whitman called “Oh captain, my captain” that sends them in the journey of self-knowledge and confronting the fears of their lives and what they want to do with it. There’s a typical scene when he tell all his class to sand on the table and scream to show there is nothing we have to fear but the fear of not doing what we want and love.

It is sort of a tragic comedy film where you can find romance, anger, joy and even catch a laugh; with a cast of very renowned actors like Robin Williams, Robert Sean Leonard and Ethan Hawke.

I saw this movie several years ago when I was at school with all my classmates, I think it was the year 2005, and the reason why I remember it as an important movie in  my life is because I had a language teacher that one day got to school and showed us this film before he left to the country side because of health problems and he just wanted us to remember one  phrase for our lives, which is to “seize the day” and never regret about anything we do, so it is a memory that I will keep forever.

6 comentarios:

  1. Hello, I wacth this movie a lot of years ago, when i waas a child. i liked is really interesting movie!!

    Regards classmate!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. This is a movie I really want to see. I don't know why I never found the oportunity but is definitly a debt

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Nice movie, quite tragic. The standing on the chair bit is classic

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I know only the name of this movie haha, but how you describe, maybe it is interesting to watch now.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Carpe diem!
    i really like this movie and I haven't seen it for a long time!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I saw this film and I liked too much. This film has a story very deep...

    :)

    ResponderEliminar