jueves, 11 de octubre de 2012

A night out to dinner

I’m a huge fanatic of food and restaurants so I love trying new places and different types of food. If I had to pick my favorite one it would be one that’s on Parque Arauco’s boulevard, I don’t remember the name because I haven’t been there in several years but it’s a Japanese restaurant with a twist, the idea is that you sit at a big table and you have a private chef that cooks for you, and also make a show out of it, he makes tricks with the knifes and lift the food in the air; that’s actually one of the main reasons I love it and want to come back because it’s a place that has it all, good food, entertainment and a gorgeous decor.


There is another place I love but outside of Chile, in Mendoza a place called “El patio de Jesus Maria”, it is a beautiful concrete restaurant that is completely illuminated with different colors at night and specialize on meat, but I swear I don’t like meat and this place made me fall in love with it, it really is the best place you could ever eat meat so I highly recommend it.

I also have recently become a Turkish food lover as I went last week with some friends to a place in “Barrio República”, I don’t remember the name but I do remember what I ate jajaja, they have durum’s kebabs and falafels that literally melt your mouth, the durum is a wrap more like a gigantic burrito that has a lot of vegetables and meat that was cooked in a stick seasoned with a mixture of mayonnaise and yogurt, the kebab is very similar with the same ingredients only that it is wrap in a type of sandwich, and the falafel is a very tasty ball of mashed fried vegetables that anyone would love. This was very new to me but now it became one of my favorite foods so if anyone gets the chance to try it I can assure you you’ll love it!!!

9 comentarios:

  1. I also love the arabic food!!! like the shawarma, which is delicious! when you remember the name, please tell me, so I can go there too!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. wow, you're a taster! I envy the places you've gone to; besides at this time we all want to have lunch!

    I got curious about the turkish food, by the way...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You left me a difficult question to answer. A typical English meal would be Steak & Kidney Pie served in a typical English countryside pub. Fish & Chips used to be the most popular meal but now it's curry (Indian). Actually, one of my favourite restaurants in Britain was an Italian called Pizzeria Castello at Elephant & Castle in London but I just looked to check and I think it's been closed down:( I last ate ther in 2004 (I think) but started going in 1989. What a pity.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. ohh it's a bit of strange that indian food become more popular, i mean there is a lot of influence but if i go next year i will definetley try that pie

      Eliminar
  4. I never heard about that japanese restaurant, it sound cool. do you know if it still there? I´liko to go sometime

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Everything sounds delicious, but you have to remember the name of the first restaurant so i can go there!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. You have to remember the name of the place! I love to try new things and it would be very nice to go there one day!

    (reading this makes me feel so hungry!)

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hahaha! the turkish food in a restaurant could be cool, but if a persian person cooks for you an exquisite rice with raisins and potatoes and bakes the sweetest dessert, that's unpayable!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Turkish food, sounds awesome! I haven't tried it, maybe one day I will!

    ResponderEliminar